(Nolan, Hana, and Cousin Jr.)
In our minds Vala's is like a red neck, midwest, Autumn only, Disneyland. It has "rides", anamotronics, displays, games, family shows, shops, and food! When we arrived we headed first to Graveyard Glow-in-the-dark mini golf and enjoyed all 9 holes.
I got a little crazy :)
This bridge really freaked me out. It looked like a normal bridge but when you stepped on it the boards were built on tires or something so without any warning a step would give way a few inches and you'd think you were falling!
After our round of mini golf (in which Nolan and I experienced an unofficial tie) we wandered through the bunny village. If you wanted to you could feed the bunnies but you weren't allowed to pet them. Apparently these bunnies have a biting problem.
The bunnies weren't our favorite stop of the day but we did think it was very creative all the different kind of houses they made for them. That's the thing about Vala's - there are small details all over the place that show true creativity. Also most of the structures on the farm are beautifully built. (Minus any robots... those are just creepy!)
After the bunny village we headed to what was Jordans favorite attraction - the pedal go carts!
I think after taking several rides around this track that Nolan is convinced he will have one of these at his future home someday. He kept going on and on about how easy it would be to make and what great exercise it was! I will admit it was a blast and I wouldn't mind one at my future home but it won't be on my top 10 priority list.
After these off road go karts we watch a dog show that was... errr... fun I guess? Wasn't super high quality but it felt nice to sit in the bleachers surrounded by CornHusker fans and soak up some rays. Honestly we thought it would be freezing but it was a BEAUTIFUL September day. We really lucked out. Then Jordan wanted to take the pedal karts for a few more spins so we took Cousin Jr and I challenged him to the DUCKY DERBY! He's young enough that I don't think he knew it was a competition.
The rest of the day was spent eating kettle corn, watching pig races, learning about ancient weapons and their abilities to shoot pumpkins, going down huge slides, getting "lost" in 3 different mazes, taking a tractor ride AND a hayride. What more could you ask for on a fall day in Nebraska?






No comments:
Post a Comment