To begin Nolan has corrected me on a fact from the last post. He was in the top 25% of his class not the top 33%. Sorry Nolan - I don't know how I missed that one!
Nolan and I can't decide if we are happy that the weekend is over or sad. We definitely packed in a ton this weekend but this week doesn't look any easier. We took things easy on Friday with just hanging out at home. I think we may have watched our favorite TV show Leverage.... don't remember. But then on Saturday we got to babysit Nolan's-cousin's-kids for 5 hours! We will call them Big D and Lil' E. Now normally when we watch Big D and Lil' E they are a huge handful! We usually come home, collapse on the couch, and say to each other - yeah we can wait a little longer before having kids!
Thankfully they are getting use to us watching them so it wasn't a complete circus (more on the circus later). We were able to take them to the Durham museum which is all about the history of Omaha. They loved being able to walk up and down the insides of the train, crawling through the teepee, looking at a pioneer lunch pail, and feeling the buffalo skin. It is a fantastic museum and Nolan and I can't wait to go back and have a chance to actually read the signs. Big D was more interested in running from one side to the other as quick as his 3 year old legs could carry him.
When we took them home for lunch Lil' E was so tired she practically fell asleep in her highchair. When I took her out and ask if she wanted to sleep she calmly took our hands and led us up to her crib. Honestly, we put her in, gave her a pacifier, and walked out. She never said a peep!! I've never had a child take a nap so easily!!
We spent the rest of the time watching Brave and then playing Pirates with Big D. When his parent came home (Nolan's cousins) they told us that they had tickets for us all to go to the circus in 3 weeks!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I haven't been to the circus since I was a little girl so I think I am more excited than the kids to go. We will definitely take pictures and blog about it when it happens.
I am glad you had fun with the kiddos! I am ready to collapse in bed every night! ha ha Thank you so much!
ReplyDelete