Since arriving in our new home Nolan and I have heard repeatedly about how the drought this year is affecting nebraska. The corn harvest is low, the fish are suffocating in lakes (due to lack of O2 and low water levels), food prices will increase next year 3-4%, etc, etc... Horrible stuff right? But here's the weird thing - - Nolan and I are convinced its all made up!
We have been here for over a week now (which pretty much makes us experts) and in the last 9 days we have had 3 rain storms. Then last night we had a mega storm, so big I was afraid we have been transported back to Old Testament times. It came complete with house shaking thunder and pebble size hail.
So we ask again - what drought???
In other news Nolan is off today for Orientation and I am at home working online. We are settling in nicely now. Most of the boxes are unpacked in the general locations they need to be. The next set is to organize it all and put our personal touches on everything.
I was especially excited to put up the calendar my younger sister gave me for my birthday!! Doesn't it look nice here in the kitchen?
I have high expectations for our time here in Omaha. Everyone at church as friendly and great, our neighbors are the very definition of good neighbors, and Nolan and I love all the time we have to send together. He is my best friend and I love every moment!!! (Even when he beats me at Dominion like last night - but I won't let that happen again...)
No comments:
Post a Comment