Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We have arrived!

We have made it to Omaha, Nebraska our new home for the next 3 years. I don't have much to say yet for this blog - my mind is too full of thoughts to distill them into a single blogpost but hopefully with time we will be able to explain how it feels to move halfway across the country to the midwest, knowing you will be here for the next 3 years. At least Nolan and I are together - that makes it all much more enjoyable.

We pulled in yesterday at 2:30 pm, received our house keys by 3:15 and started unloading our trailer by 3:30. It was a very hot ordeal - around 104F with 90% humidity. We were very thankful for the 2 neighbors that came to help and the 3rd neighbor that brought us popsicles! I don't know how she knew we were hot - our shirts were so completely soaked with sweat they looked almost normal.

Today we have been opening boxes and trying to find just the right place for everything. This house is full of storage which is very nice!!

My dad and brother just left to make the trek back west but before they left we made sure to make a Costco run and a quick trip to the Winter Quarters Visitor Center.

All in all today is definitely a success!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh darn, deleted my earlier critique. I'll skim it down for you.
    1. Try to set it up so that when Hana blogs, it says it's from Hana. Ditto for Nolan. If it's just Hana blogging, then ignore #1.
    2. Don't stop adding content. Put up cat videos, pictures, or the local weather. It's like we're talking to you, so talk back (and don't pull a Mari, updating every month. I mean more frequently than that.).
    3. This is part of your online profile, so keep it true to yourself. Again, it's like we're talking to you, so don't suddenly spout of a curse word. Once on the web, it never dies.
    So, I boiled it down for you, so have fun, and welcome to the BLOGOSPHERE!!!!
    -The End. From the ridiculously handsome Blog-Critiquoman.

    ReplyDelete